Many organizations offer gardening classes and workshops. Grow Portland publishes this list of places where you can find classes to help you find the local class you are looking for. Any event information listed is taken from each individual organization’s website and subject to change. Please follow the links to the event organizations’ webpage to see full event details, cost, and sign-ups.
Introduction to Seed Saving
- November 1, 4:30-7:30pm: Woodstock Library (register at www.multcolib.org)
- November 6, 1-4pm: Kenton Library (register at www.multcolib.org)
- November 12, 2-5pm: Holgate Library (register at www.multcolib.org)
- November 13, 1-4pm: Midland Library: (register at www.multcolib.org)
- Beekeeping and gardening classes
- Offers Learn & Grow workshops throughout the year
- Arboretum demonstration garden is open year round.
- Regular nutrition and garden education classes are offered through Seed to Supper: Beginning Gardening on a Small Budget
- Offers a variety of gardening resources and the Master Gardening class from January to March each year.
- Dozens of community classes on various gardening topics
- Check website for regular harvest and maintenance events.
- Year-round classes on vegetables, fruits, soil, pest management and more.
- Check UFC’s calendar for work events and activities.
- Check for tours, workshops and healthy cooking demonstrations