Many organizations offer gardening classes and workshops. To keep you informed, Grow Portland publishes this list on a monthly basis. The event information listed is taken from each individual organization’s website, and is subject to change. Please follow the links to the event organizations’ webpage to see full event details, cost, and sign-ups.
- No classes scheduled, but check out our garden resource library for organic food growing information for all seasons in the Pacific Northwest.
- Plantable Seed Balls, December 10
- Plus, other seasonal plant workshops
- Seed Start Class: January 25, 2014
- Raising Backyard Chickens: January 25, 2014
- Oregon Food Bank has learning gardens that support their nutrition classes and their garden program for beginners, Seed to Supper: Beginning Gardening on a Small Budget (OSU & Oregon Food Bank)
- Special programming for Portland Parks community gardeners
- Winter Pruning: February 3, 16, 23
- Pollinators Workshop: February 24
**Be sure to check the Portland Nursery calendar for class locations.
- This month includes lots of holiday-related plant workshops.
- Dry Gardening: December 14
- Food as our medicine–Growing nutrient-rich vegetables from healthy, vibrant soil: December 21
- Food as our medicine–Spacing and planting: December 21
- Check the website calendar for drop-in volunteer opportunities at UFC gardens.
- In addition to classes, Zenger Farms offers farm field trips for school groups.