Many organizations offer gardening classes and workshops. To keep you informed, Grow Portland publishes this list on a monthly basis. The event information listed is taken from each individual organization’s website, and is subject to change. Please follow the links to the event organizations’ webpage to see full event details, cost, and sign-ups.
- Hands on learning opportunities are available through our Community Farming Program on Thursday afternoons and Saturdays
- No workshops currently scheduled. Ongoing resources for home and school gardeners.
- 8/2/14: Budding Workshop
- 8/5-8/9/14: Fruit Growing Conference
- 7/10/14: Hot weather planting for winter eating
- 7/4/14: Pickling Cucs and Veggies
- 8/27/14: Canning Salsa, Tomatoes and Sauce
- 9/10/14: Canning Salsa, Tomatoes and Sauce
- Regular nutrition and garden education classes are offered through Seed to Supper: Beginning Gardening on a Small Budget
- Offers a variety of gardening resources and the Master Gardening class from January to March each year.
- 6/28, 7/15/14: Summer Pruning
- 7/14/14: Budding and Grafting Workshop
- 6/25, 6.28, 6/29, 7/9, 7/23/14 : Herbs
- 6/29, 7/5/14: Vegetable Gardening
- 7/6/14: Attracting Pollinators
- 7/19/14: Fruit Trees-Espalier
- 7/20/14: Organic Pest Control
* Check for regular activities